“Everytime you see a flood like that on the news you tell yourself: That’s it. That’s my heart.”― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
We have had a few days of nice weather and the water isn’t causing that much trouble anymore. Even though I live in the Land van Maas and Waal, in the middle of the Netherlands (and then to the East), where the water from Germany and Belgium almost comes together, apparently all the work on the dykes and the areas around it that was done after the high water of 1995 has paid off, at least for this area.
A little more to the South, in the province of Limburg, people weren’t so lucky and still had to deal with actual flooding and evacuations last week. Now it is time for lots of cleaning up and repairing the damage that the water has caused.
- Which Color Banana Is the Most Nutritious? An Investigation.
Bananas on the brain.
- Moon ‘wobble’ and climate change could mean ‘double whammy’ of flooding in 2030s, NASA warns
Time to start rethinking the way we are living.
- Just one night of sleep loss harms your well-being, new study finds
I find this one of the hardest things to get right at the moment — a good night’s sleep. There is always a reason to cut the night short.
- Sylvia Plath – Edge
The moon has nothing to be sad about.
In the backgrond.
- Aerosmith – Love in an Elevator (from You Gotta Move – Live)
- B.B. King – The Thrill Is Gone ft. Tracy Chapman
- Flogging Molly – If I Ever Leave This World Alive (lyrics)
- Seasick Steve – Summertime Boy
- Jett Rebel – Lady on the Hill (Live)
- DeWolff – Yes You Do (Official Music Video)
- Whitesnake – Day Tripper (Very Rare Video)
- Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now | Metal Cover (Paulo Cuevas)
- The Black Crowes – Jealous Again
- The Cult – Sweet Soul Sister
- Great White – Rock Me (Official Video)
- Railroad Steel – The Georgia Satellites Live Roskilde festivalen 1988 (part 7 of 8)
- Bad case of loving you (AUDIO HQ) – Robert Palmer
- Shoes – Somebody Has What I Had
- The Doors – Music Video – L.A. Woman 1971 | HQ
- Lou Reed – Walk on the Wild Side (audio)