“I needed a drink, I needed a lot of life insurance, I needed a vacation, I needed a home in the country. What I had was a coat, a hat and a gun. I put them on and went out of the room.”― Raymond Chandler, Farewell, My Lovely
Bought some books in Maastricht last week, to keep me going for a while. (Seriously, if you ever come to the Netherlands, visit bookstore Dominicanen. It is situated in this amazing old church building. In the meantime, you can check out the 3D-tour.)
- Frank Zappa (VIDEO) A pioneer of Future Music (video documentary)
A Frank Scheffers documentary, as broadcast by VPRO in the Netherlands April 2007. — A fascinating look into the life and music of Frank Zappa.
- The one where writing books is not really a good idea
Is publishing books serially the solution?
That which cannot remain silent
Hold the line:
- The Beatles – Don’t Let Me Down
- Toto – 99
- Blood, Sweat & Tears – Spinning Wheel
- Lenny Kravitz – Let Love Rule
- Led Zeppelin – Good Times Bad Times
- David Bowie – The Jean Genie
- Fleetwood Mac – Dreams
- Aerosmith – Rag Doll
- The Rolling Stones – Ride ‘Em On Down
- Humble Pie – 30 Days In The Hole
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Don’t Forget Me
- Faces – Stay With me
- Chicago Transit Authority – I’m a Man
You can find more stuff I listened to on my Music Profile at Last.fm.